Motor Insurance

In the UK it is a legal requirement to have adequate motor insurance and that all vehicles comply with the Road Traffic Act.

The requirements may differ if it is guaranteed that the vehicles are never to be used on a public road.

Care should be taken where crowd artists or crew are asked to use their vehicles in vision.  Advice should be sought from the insurance provider to clarify the production’s responsibility over ensuring that the individual has adequate motor insurance.

It is normal practice for the facilities companies, if such vehicle is being provided with a driver, to maintain the necessary insurance.  However, it is imperative that this position be checked at the outset and separate cover arranged if necessary.

Crew paid a car allowance or claiming fuel / mileage may be asked to complete a driver’s declaration form and provide evidence that they have insurance for business use.